Well, the FAWM Songwriting Challenge has now finished and I’ve managed to complete the challenge in full. I finished the 14 songs in 28 days and let me tell you, it was one of the most intense creative experiences of my life.
I’m feeling pretty chuffed with myself at the moment and listening to the songs again, there’s a few there that I’m really proud of.
On reflecting over the past four weeks there have been a number of things I’ve learnt about myself and the songwriting process…
1. There’s nothing like a deadline/challenge to get the creative juices flowing
2. Letting go of perfection is a wonderful experience
3. Even grabbing a bit of time to write/record here and there is better than not writing at all
4. The time to write/record is NOW.
5. A good writing session is a cure for a lack of motivation
6. FAWM is a good way to decrease the Logic Pro X learning curve
7. There’s nothing like the sense of achievement to gain your confidence
8. Get your wife excited by the challenge too. Good support is crucial
9. Inspiration really does come to the ones who are working
10. I can do this… 🙂
Over time, I will gain many more insights from FAWM but now they are the lessons that I have swirling around in my head right now.
Below are the FAWM songs taken from my SoundCloud account. All songs were written by me except for #4 and #10 (M. Standing/C. Stewart).
Feel free to have a listen and let me know what you think.
#01 – Not Coming Home
#02 – Not Scared Anymore
#03 – With You In My Life
#04 – Waiting For You (M. Standing/C. Stewart)
#05 – I Wont Let You Down
#06 – One In A Million
#07 – Where Is The Love?
#08 – Movin’ On
#09 – My Kind Of Life (Instrumental)
#10 – Is It Love? (M. Standing/C. Stewart)
#11 – Wasted Time
#12 – How Does It Feel?
#13 – Love, Truth, Life
#14 – Blink Of An Eye
The fantastic thing about this whole experience is that even though FAWM 2017 has finished for another year I now have the momentum to keep on writing and I certainly have some new songs to perform now.
Thank you for tagging along my FAWM journey