What Have I Been Doing Lately?
October 4, 2011
“Hey Corey, what have you been doing lately?”
Now I like being busy but I’ve noticed that over the past three months I’ve been getting busier and busier and looking at my diary for the next three months it’s even busier again.
My normal response to being asked that question is “what haven’t I been doing lately” however, since my last full post “Absence Makes The (Blogging) Heart Grow Fonder” on July 29th, it’s safe to say that I’ve been doing a lot of activity.
Activities such as:
- Working on my CD Project
- Learning news songs for FIGJAM and my solo shows
- Writing more songs with Adrian Miller and Jeff Smith
- Starting up the Open Mic @ The Brunswick Hotel
- Completing my 2010/2011 APRA Live Performance Return
- Completing my 2010/2011 Tax paperwork
- Competing in FOOM 2011
- Entering in the UK Songwriting Competition (with Adrian Miller)
- Playing Bass with Joe Man Murphy at the Semaphore Music Festival
- Auditioning for Australia’s Got Talent
Of course, in between all of this I have been playing loads of gigs (as you can tell with my CS Gigs updates) at night and working through the day at Pro Advanced Media.
“When do you sleep?” I hear you ask… Hmmm, no wonder my blogging has been few and far between of late.
I had a profound realisation recently. I rediscovered the fact that our lives are essentially the sum total of all of the choices that we’ve made and will continue to make until we die.
With that in mind, this would mean that right now, I am the way I am because I’ve made it that way, not through some external influence.
My hectic life is my choice and therefore I can also choose a less hectic life. How I achieve this is another story however, I’m in love with the idea of a more balanced life.
I’ll see what I can do to make it happen.